Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park PADI Discover Scuba Diving with Two Reef Dives
You’ll be meeting on the first floor at Lot R39 at the Jesselton Point Ferry Terminal by 8.30am. Then fill through your registration forms and meet your Professional PADI diving instructor for the day. The guide will be for you and your group all day long. The maximum participant to instructor ratio is 4:1. Small numbers provides the best experiences.
Your guide will help you select and try on the scuba equipment before walking to one of our custom designed dive boats down at the jetty. Once on the boat and life jackets on, you will head out to the islands to start your underwater scuba experience. Firstly on arrival you will sit down with your instructor and go over the rules of scuba diving, the good techniques and things that you should not do whilst diving. Once your briefing is over its diving time, and you will enter the water to chest height water where your PADI instructor will teach you life saving skills which you will duplicate and master the skills. After this you will go under water swimming over the sandy bottom getting use to scuba diving maintaining your buoyancy (floating underwater).
After a short break of 30 minutes you will go out by boat to one of the coral reefs and enjoy a 30 – 40 minute dive with your instructor at very close supervision before heading off to Padang Point on Gaya Island for A La Carte freshly prepared hot lunch. You will get to chill out on the island for around two hours which you could get to see some wildlife above water which could include, wild boar, hornbill birds, monitor lizards and the long tail macaque monkeys.
Around 2.30pm you will head back out on to the boat for your last dive over the coral reef which will last for around 40 minutes before heading back to Jesselton Point ferry terminal for 4.30pm. All park, boat, jetty and instructor fees are including in the pricing which no additional costs unless you want extra drinks and snacks.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- A la carte lunch included
- All necessary equipment included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Bottled water and à la carte lunch
- Small-group tour: maximum 4 students for every instructor
- National Park fees
- Professional PADI Diving Instructor
- Use of all scuba diving equipment
- Local taxes
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Additional food and drinks (soft drinks, ice creams)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Flights and accommodation
- Personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Dress code is beach wear
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor