Half Day Mangrove River Cruise on Langkawi
Langkawi offers some truly unforgettable sights and experiences where the combination of beaches and finding oneself lost in the heart of this tropical destination are key elements that draw visitors from across the globe. An exemplary example of how nature has evolved through time is the Kilim Nature Park. Set in the heart of the island, the 100-square kilometre protected landscape features a beautiful mix of well-protected green mangrove forests, isolated white beaches and blue lagoons. This morning exploration goes deep in the rough and rugged heart of Kilim as you venture by boat along the steep limestone cliffs and may see eagles soaring majestically along its walls.
A trip through natures finest commences with a joint morning transfer from your accommodation along selected regions on Langkawi to the jetty at Kilim Nature Park. The boat ride will slowly cruise across the wetlands on the Kilim River of this superb example of flora and fauna at one of Malaysia’s leading holiday destinations. The park is known for its thick layer of mangrove forests, lime stone cliffs, towering majestically over the jungle’s canopy and smaller lagoons with spots of beach, hidden from the naked eye. If time and weather permits, one even can take a quick dip before moving on.
As you cruise down the calm, winding river, you will observe the wonders of the park’s marine ecosystem, its flora and fauna and the natural inhabitants such as the over-hanging ‘Bogak Trees’, Brown Eagles, Tree Crabs, Monitor Lizards and Macaques.
One of the first stops will be made at a bat cave, known to be the home of hundreds of bats. Together with your guide and armed with a torch, you will find yourself staring across the ceiling where these peaceful, flapping mammals. Langkawi is known for its close connection with the eagle and at Kilim, you can even feed them as they dive from high above your boat to grab food. At Kilim, particularly the white-bellied fish eagle can be spotted as you further cruise leisurely down the Kilim River. Our final stop for the morning is made at a floating fish farm. Conservation of the numerous species is part of this program, and seeing black stingrays is certainly one of the highlights at this last stop. Guests are not only charmed by the cultivation of fish here; surrounding the fish farm are various houses and traditional sailboats, complementing Kilim’s beauty on a more cultural level. We end the morning with a comfortable transfer back to your Langkawi hotel.
- A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Joined tours and transfers with a professional English-speaking guide on board a joint river cruise vessel.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on joint / Seat-In-Coach basis only with English-speaking guide.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying along the most popular Langkawi regions i.e. Kuah Town, Cenang, Tengah and Kok. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as The Datai, The Andaman, Tanjung Rhu, Four Seasons & St. Regis and from/to Langkawi International airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- Due to the nature of this tour, we regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- Part of this excursion includes walking over unpaved roads and paths. This may not suit guests with walking issues.
- Bear in mind that such paths may turn slippery / muddy after a rain shower. We suggest wearing good walking shoes, preferred closed shoes, when booking this tour.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the excursion in case of unfavourable weather conditions or situations where we are forced to make alterations to guarantee the safety of our guests.
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers