Half Day Langkawi Island Hopping
The name Langkawi is regularly connected with the main island but in fact, the most popular of the 98 other island are part of a much larger group of islands called ‘Langkawi Permata Kedah’ (Langkawi, the Jewel of Kedah). Tropical beauty expands beyond the beaches, flora and fauna of Pulau Langkawi with its palm-fringed, relatively untouched beaches and cerulean-coloured ocean waters. This is merely a fraction of why Langkawi’s popularity as islets, bearing names such as Pulau Dayang Bunting and Pulau Beras Basah form tropical getaways off the Langkawi coast line. A relaxing boat ride will bring you to some of fabulous pearls of this recognized Geopark in the far northwestern corner of Malaysia.
Customers who opt for this tour and stay along one of Langkawi’s main beaches and town will be brought to central meeting point at Teluk Baru Jetty at the southern tip of Langkawi. Your booked boat will leave at 09:00 hrs for touring other bounty-style islands in the Strait of Malacca, and we highly recommend arriving at the ferry pier at least 15 minutes before departure. During your leisurely sail to three of the archipelago’s most scenic islands, the famous Langkawi eagles may join you as they fly above you in search for oceanic prey. A sight that will never bother even the most seasoned Langkawi traveller as they gracious birds of prey swoop the clear waters for fish. Within 20 minutes, the outlining of Pulau Dayang Bunting will rise up from the horizon where you will be around 1 hour. Highlight of this island is a 15 minute walk, followed by a long flight of stairs to ‘Lake of the Pregnant Woman’ – the mountains forming the background resemble a pregnant woman. Ample time is reserved to enjoy swimming and various water sport activities or when you feel that this is paradise you wish to admire from the sandy beaches.
Your captain for the morning will call ‘all aboard’ to bring you to the next island in this UNESCO World Heritage Geo Park’s protected region. Pulau Singa Besar’s landscape and abundance of feeding possibilities for the eagles of Langkawi have made this the perfect spot for Eagle Feeding. Local boatmen will stop your boat’s engine and throw food out into the water to invite the eagles. In no time eagles will dive down just, almost next to you and clawing up food as they sore back into the sky.
Finally, before we make our way back to Pulau Langkawi, we make our last stop at Pulau Beras Basah. Literally means “Island of Wet Rice”, this is an example of a picture-perfect island with uninterrupted views as far as the horizon reaches, stunning beaches and clear waters for a refreshing dip with your snorkel mask securely fastened. Your last hour before we reach Teluk Baru Jetty will be spent at one of the archipelago’s best snorkelling destinations. After returning back to Langkawi, transfer from the ferry terminal for a chauffeured joint transfer back to their Langkawi resort (selected regions only)
- A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Joint tours and transfers with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Joint boat transfers from and to Teluk Baru Jetty (Baru Bay Jetty) to the mentioned islands
- Non-motorized water sport activities on the islands
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Other (motorized) waters sports such as jet ski rental, banana boat and speed boat rental
- Supplements apply during Malaysian Public Holidays
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated both on private basis as well as on joint / Seat-In-Coach basis.
- Tours are operated with an English-speaking guide only. Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying along the most popular Langkawi regions i.e. Kuah Town, Cenang, Tengah and Kok. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as The Datai, The Andaman, Tanjung Rhu, Four Seasons & St. Regis and from/to Langkawi International airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Due to the nature of this tour, we regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Due to the absence of ATM machines and credit cards payment portals, particularly on islands and inside nature reserves, we highly recommend to bring sufficient cash with you.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the excursion in case of unfavourable weather conditions or situations where we are forced to make alterations to guarantee the safety of our guests.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
- Recommended to bring: change of clothing (2 sets), towel, swim wear and slippers / waterproof sandals.
- We strongly advise not to bring any valuables with you as there are no lockers available.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers