Half-Day Geopark Cruise from Langkawi
Travel by boat with an English speaking naturalist through the twists and turns of the Kilim river through the maze created by aerial roots and thick fleshy leaves of the mangrove trees.
Wildlife is abundant, we observe the bizarre land walking fish, vividly colored kingfishers, eagles and often otters and dolphins.
We often see other mangrove animals that make their home in this delicately balanced ecosystem which is responsible for the health and wide variety of species in the Andaman Sea.
We also explore how the mangrove area is a perfect environment for cottage industries such as processing charcoal and fish farms.
As we venture out of the mangroves you’ll see majestic limestone rock formations and sea stacks that rise dramatically from the ocean. This ancient coral thrust into the sky millions of years ago is home to a unique and ancient group of plants found no where else on earth.
This trip is highly recommended for all visitors to Langkawi.
- Popular choice with kids
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Local guide
- Safety boat
- Life jacket
- Bottled water
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund