A Bite of Borneo Walking and Biking Small Group Food Tour of Kuching
Please don’t eat breakfast! There’s a lot of food to get through on this Borneo adventure! But no worries, you’ll be getting active along the way to help with your digestion.
This hiking and biking tour will take you along Kuching’s heritage trail and through its surrounding kampongs (villages) to indulge in a wide variety of authentic Sarawak street foods, drinks, and desserts!
Kuching has some of the best street food in Malaysia, showcasing Malay, Chinese, and Indian influences, as well as local tribal flavours. You’ll have the opportunity to taste the most famous Sarawak street food such as Sarawak laksa (rice noodles in spicy soup), kolomee (egg noodles), tebaloi (sago biscuit), and kek lapis (a multi-layer colourful cake). If stomach space permits, make sure you also try the rich variety of our favourite local drinks and desserts!
Your foodie guide will take you to no less than eight stops in total, including a kopitiam (a traditional Malaysian-Chinese coffee shop), a hawker centre (traditional food court), street vendors, a kampong kedai café, a food trolley, and a traditional bakery. At each stop, you’ll learn a little more about Bornean food, language, and culture.
The tour starts in the early hours so you can witness the morning rush to work. We’ll walk along the heritage trail to see local temples and monuments down hidden lanes, as we munch away on local delicacies.
Then, we’ll board a relaxing cruise across the romantic Sarawak River on a traditional Sampan boat — it’ll give you a taste of how Kuchingnite commute every day across the two halves of the city!
Once safely across, we get on the saddle to ride through off-the-beaten country paths of a rural kampong and experience the favourite local snacks on the other side of the river.
Apart from the food and the sights, this tour will enable you to experience first-hand how people of different religions and races in Sarawak have lived in harmony side-by-side for generations!
Open up your senses and discover the authentic Sarawak! You will go home with both your mind and soul enriched….. and your stomach full!
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Family friendly
- Led by a local guide
- Local English-speaking guide
- Bike and helmet rental
- Boat ride ticket
- Food samples as per itinerary and non-alcoholic drinks
- Additional food and drink
- Any alcoholic beverages
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear light, comfortable clothes that dry easily, (shorts are fine) and comfortable walking shoes
- You will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
- This is a child-friendly tour