4-Hour Georgetown Food Tour
The 4-hour heritage and food trail takes place during sundown at 4.30pm. You’ll be meeting the guide at St.George’s Church along Lebuh Farquhar. You will be learning about the history of Georgetown as the group walks by several historical places and buildings such as the St.George’s church, the Goddess of Mercy Temple and Chinese Clan Houses.
The tour will be stopping by at least 3 food outlets, tasting at least 10 varieties of local and heritage food of Georgetown before ending the trail at one of the best cocktail bars in Georgetown.
5 important steps that you’re encouraged to take to make this tour a memorable one:
• Chat up your guide – Your guide is born and bred in Penang and loves to chat and communicate. It’s highly encouraged to have a Q&A session throughout the tour, talking about your likes and dislikes. This food trail is for you and the operator would like to ensure that you have a good time.
• Be adventurous – Keep an open mind to try out new things as you walk through the core zone of the heritage area of Georgetown.
• Come hungry – Be rest assured that you will be sinking in your teeth into delicious local food. This tour won’t stop until you are full.
• Have Fun – Enjoy the food trail, kick back and relax as you feel at home in Georgetown.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free drinks included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Food tasting
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Tips to enjoy Simply Enak's food tour:
- BE HUNGRY, BE OPEN
- Make sure you come hungry when you join the food experience and be open to foods introduced by the guide
- WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES
- The food experience tours are normally walking trails. It's advises that guests wear comfortable shoes during the food experience
- BRING YOUR WATER BOTTLE
- Water helps during the tour especially during hot weather. Its very easy to get thirsty in Malaysia.
- UMBRELLA AND RAINCOAT
- Malaysia's weather can be unpredictable. Please bring your own umbrella or raincoat if its raining or going to rain.
- AVOID WEARING WHITE
- There's nothing worse than spilling food on a white t-shirt. If you don't mind the stain, you can always wear white.