3-Hour Heritage on a Plate Lunch Hop in George Town Penang
Discover the humble beginnings of George Town, as we meet and begin the hop from the “Little India” district. A delicious snack and hot cup of coffee serve as the stage for the introduction to the city’s rise as a teeming entrepot of diverse cultures.
Each step through the city streets also serves as a step through time, and an exploration of each community’s history and place in the present. We’ll explore “harmony street” and its various places of worship, tracing a line back to how people from very different parts of the world made Penang their home. We will then turn into the present, and look at how traditional vendors and merchants co-exist with modern businesses. We will also enjoy some delicious lunch dishes, diving into the history of the communities that make them while sipping refreshing iced drinks. We like to end the session with a cool shaved-ice dessert, one of George Town’s favourites.
By the end of the hop, we want you to feel like you aren’t just visiting a city, but getting to know and old and storied friend called George Town. One that makes delicious, delicious food.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Small group ensures personal service
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Professional English speaking tour/host
- Lunch and beverages
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund