2-Nights Cameron Highlands Discovery from Penang to Kuala Lumpur
- Afternoon Tea & Scones
- Kuala Sepetang Mangrove Forest, Charcoal Kiln, Kuala Kangsar, Sam Poh Tong Temple
- Trek on unmarked trails used by the natives
- Scenic view of Sg Palas Tea Plantation
- Strawberry Farm, Butterfly & Insert Farm, Market Square
Day 01 – Depart Penang For Cameron Highlands (330km)
Depart by 0830hrs for Cameron Highlands which is located 1542 meters above sea level, famed for its tea plantations and cool temperatures. En-route visit Kuala Sepetang mangrove forest, the best-managed mangrove forest in Malaysia and one that serves a very important ecological role in protecting the coastline from erosion. Kuala Sepetang produces the bulk of the nation’s top quality mangrove charcoal. Visit a charcoal kiln where charcoals are produced. Proceed further to Royal town of Kuala Kangsar for a spell of photographing of the exterior view only of Ubudiah Mosque, Iskandariah Palace and Istana Kenangan. Thereafter stop at Sam Poh Tong cave temple. Enjoy afternoon tea at the Hotel. At leisure on arrival (between 1600 and 1700 hrs). Overnight. [Afternoon tea]
Day 02 – Discover Cameron Tour (soft adventure)
After breakfast start your 1.5hrs walk (less than 2.5kms) through some of the unmarked trails still used by the natives. Discover the simple lifestyle of our highland natives who has been living in this part of the forests for more than a century. Observe the interesting flora such as pitcher plants, wild orchids, funky fungi, tree-bound epiphytes, huge tree ferns and lipstick plants or take a glimpse of the small creatures such as millipedes, lizards, frogs, and squirrels (sighting of animals are not guaranteed).
Thereafter, proceed to the most scenic tea plantation, the Sungei Palas Boh estate which is regarded as the largest and best known tea station in the region. Take a tea break (own account) after the brief guided tour of the factory. Continue visit to one of the strawberry farms where we can pay a small fee to pick fresh succulent strawberries by hand. From the farm, we will visit Butterfly & Reptiles Farm (include entrance fees) to view the many beautiful butterfly species including the renowned Raja Brooke. Next stop is at day market where most of the local produce can be found. Spend some time here exploring the many delightful finds.
Proceed to Tanah Rata town for lunch break (lunch on own). Tanah Rata is the largest town in Cameron Highlands region, where many local café and restaurants located. After lunch, walk around town before return to hotel. Overnight. (Meals: Breakfast)
Day 03 – Depart Cameron Highlands to Kuala Lumpur
Breakfast. Morning at leisure. At 1300 hrs overland transfer to Kuala Lumpur (220km). Drop-off at your staying hotel in Kuala Lumpur.
*** Tour ends. ***
- Family friendly
- Multi-Day Trip
- Hotel pickup included
- 2 nights accommodation
- Meals: 1 x Afternoon tea at hotel (Day 01), Breakfast at staying hotel (Day 02 & 03)
- Discovery Cameron Highlands Tour (Day 02)
- Entrance fees (Butterfly & Insect Farm)
- Transfers with English speaking Driver
- Tour with English Speaking Driver cum Guide
- 1-way scheduled transfer from Penang to Cameron Highlands
- 1-way scheduled transfer from Cameron Highlands to Kuala Lumpur
- Shared transfers and Tours
- Entrance fees (other than included in the tour)
- Tea break at Boh Tea Shop
- Other meals than included in the package
- Optional tours and transfers
- Gratuities (optional)
- Supplement Pick-up at Penang Airport or drop-off at Kuala Lumpur International Airport
- Malaysia Tourism Tax (collected and payable directly to hotel)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tea factory is closed on Monday and public holidays.
- Tea break at the tea factory is not inclusive in tour price.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes, insect repellent and raincoat/disposable poncho (in case of raining)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing same room with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Sighting of wildlife is not guaranteed
- During the Muslim festival of Hari Raya Aidul Fitri & Hari Raya Aidul Adha together with the Chinese New Year, some places of interest are closed for 2days (Festive dates are subject to changes)
- Cancellation during peak period (17.12.16 - 02.01.17) is 35 days before tour departure. Subject to cancellation fees if cancel less than 35 days.